To everyone working long and stressful hours on the frontline of healthcare; thank you for the sacrifices you’re making every day to help others in their moments of need. Your dedication, commitment and courage have our deepest gratitude and admiration.
Also, our heartfelt thanks go to all key workers who are unselfishly providing essential services, which are helping all of us through this coronavirus outbreak. Your resolution and mettle make a huge difference to our daily lives and we hold you in the highest esteem.
#coronavirus #CoVID-19 #frontlinehealthcareworkers #keyworkers #healthcare
- The coronavirus CoVID-19 has created the greatest health-cum-economic-cum-societal crisis in history and put unprecedented pressure on overstretched and unprepared healthcare systems
- Before the coronavirus outbreak, primary care in England already was in crisis, fuelled by an aging population, a large and increasing demand for its services and a shrinking supply of health professionals
- In 2019, before the outbreak, 75% of primary care doctors (GPs) across 540 clinics in England were over the age of 55 and nearing retirement and a large percentage of newly trained GPs were seeking employment abroad
- Patients who could not get GP appointments used A&E departments as convenient drop-in clinics for minor ailments, which significantly increased healthcare costs and burden
- For decades successive UK governments have tried in vain to transform the nation’s primary care services predicated upon face-to-face patient-doctor consultations
- Several well-funded long-term national plans advocated increased digitization of some routine primary care services
- But before the coronavirus outbreak only 1% of all primary care consultations were online
- What these national plans could not achieve in decades appears to have been achieved in days by the UK’s NHS’s response to the coronavirus outbreak
- Today, millions of patients in England are having face-to-face appointments with their GPs replaced by telephone or video consultations
- Could CoVID-19 transform the UK’s traditional primary care model?
The coronavirus CoVID-19
The 1918 Spanish Influenza remains the most devastating virus in modern history. The disease swept around the globe and is estimated to have caused between 50m and 100m deaths. A cousin of the same virus was also behind the 2009 swine flu outbreak, thought to have killed as many as 0.58m. Other major viral outbreaks include the Asian flu in 1957, which led to roughly 2m deaths and the Hong Kong flu, which killed 1m people 11 years later.
In this Commentary
UK’s primary care crisis
Changing and aging population
Shrinking supply of GPs
Failing national initiatives to improve primary care
The UK’s NHS
National plans to improve the NHS
NHS long term plans and private online healthcare solution companies have delivered little change
The plan emphasises the importance of developing digital services, and recommends that within five years, all patients should be able to access GP consultations via a telephone or online. This goal is supported by NHS Digital, which is the national information and technology partner to the UK’s health and social care system. Its mission is to harness the power of information and technology to improve healthcare. Over the past decade there has been an increasing number of innovative online private healthcare solutions companies entering the market. (see below). Notwithstanding, these and the NHS’s well-funded national plans, have failed to dent the primary care crisis by slowing the vast and escalating demand for healthcare and reversing the shrinking supply of healthcare professionals. So, for the past two decades at least, the NHS has tended to operate on the cusp of a crisis.
A doctor only needs to touch a patient if s/he is going to operate on that patient
Innovative online healthcare solution enterprises
Technologically heavy and strategically light
A Chinese example
Blooms Health zon is a primer Health Beauty & Wellness Store by online that provide Fitness diets, Health Supplement, Weight loss Diets, Pills, Skin Care, CBD Oils, Maleenhancement Supplement, Penis Enlargement Supplement, Pills and all Health Fitness Products.
Nolatreve Cream - The best natural skin care anti-aging cream that help boost our skin's collagen levels. Nolatreve Cream made in south africa which in turn professionally makes the skin look much younger.
Keto Nutrition Weight Loss Diet: If you are searching for the best Keto Weight Loss Diets, Blooms Health zon offers pure and Keto Nutrition Weight loss Diets that can quickly lose your weight.
Keto Engaged Diet Reviews: If you are looking for the best keto diets for quickly lose your weight. Blooms Health zon is offers Keto Engaged Diet that give low carb and help to you for weight loss.
Keto Prime Diet: If you are looking for the best keto diets for quickly lose your weight. Blooms Health zon is offers Keto Prime Diet that give low carb and help to you for weight loss.
View All Products Here: http://www.bloomshealthzon.com/
Our doctors have over 20 years experience in lip augmentation procedures and offer a subtle plumping of lips to leave a full-bodied, youthful appearance.
Hay Fever Injections London
Certain parts of the UK are particularly affected by pollens and allergens likely to give severe symptoms, with the most likely culprits being a mixture of flower and tree pollen such as silver birch and rapeseed.
Our style is very subtle. We believe that the skill in facial aesthetics medicine lies in keeping the overall look natural, in keeping with peoples’ age and own aesthetics.
Lip Fillers Watford
As the anesthetic takes effect you are likely to feel numbness and a bit of tingling in the area that has been treated—similar to when the dentist numbs your teeth.